Ethics Complaint Process
The Process for handling ethics complaints is dictated by the National Association of REALTORS® through the Code of Ethics and Abitration Manual. The Central Oregon Assocation of REALTORS® follows these procedures and encourages all parties with issues to contact the COAR Professional Standards Administrator.
* When an issue arises that cannot be rectified through communication among the parties, the complainant should contact the COAR Professional Standards Administrator Geneese Zinsli at 541-382-6027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Administrator will then consult with all potential complainants about the options, process, and mediation.
* If mediation is not an option, and the complainant wishes to go ahead with an official complaint, the Administrator will issue the proper forms to be filled out and returned to her with all appropriate testimony.
* The complaint will then go to the Grievance Committee to be decided whether the complaint is filled out correctly, and has warrant to go to a hearing.
* If the Grievance Committee does not find that the complaint warrants a hearing the complainant may file an appeal within specific criteria and the appeal would be heard by the Board of Directors.
* If the Grievance Committee thinks the complaint is in the proper form, and warrants a hearing, the Administrator will form a hearing panel to hear the evidence.
* The Professional Standards panel will then assemble for a hearing.
* When the Professional Standards panel completes its hearing and results are issued, either party may appeal to the Board of Directors for specific reasons.
* After the appeal, or in the case of no appeal after the results are issued, the decision goes to the Board of Directors for ratification of the findings.